in Response to the Ecological and Climate Crisis.
in the Wellness Center Nursery, C Level
Dear Beloved Community,
We are experiencing a time of great political, social and physical turmoil. It is now more important than ever to calm body and mind so we can rest and heal. The Day of Mindfulness on October 19 will provide the chance to nourish and heal. The day will be offered by Jenny Hamp and Dennis Bohn.
There may be a Dharma Talk based on the needs of those who are planning to attend. If you have questions that have been in your heart, or a topic that you would like to see addressed, please share with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule=>9:30 a.m. Plum Village practitioners gather with PV monastics for sitting, walking, singingat Jacob Wrey Mould Fountain, City Hall Plaza10:30 a.m. All-Buddhist gathering begins. Same location.11:50 a.m. Walking meditation to youth strike site at Foley Square12:00 p.m. Sitting and walking meditation in support of Youth Climate Strike1-2:00 p.m. Peaceful walking meditation to Battery Park rally3-5:00 p.m Battery Park rally. Greta Thunberg speaks at 5 pmIf there is an appropriate moment, we may invite our bells together. A few posters will be available, or bring your own. Note: wood, plastic, or metal “sticks” are illegal; cardboard & light plastic posts are okay.Instructions and guidance for sangha friends for Sept 20 Climate Strike events
- Sangha members are invited to practice peacefully at any or all of the events above
- Sangha members encouraged to wear brown; OI members wear brown jackets; bring bells!
- Join the sangha at any point in the above schedule. Look for a six foot high banner with Thay’simage and quote, and the Earth Holder logo or a long horizontal banner
- Basic practice at Foley Square and Battery Park: sitting in silence (if feasible) and/or a silent walking meditation (if feasible), and some practitioners holding a sign (“Concerned About Mother Earth? Sister/Brother Citizen Willing to Listen.” Or “Questions or Concerns? Willing to Listen”)
- We agree to practice non-violent, calm, peaceful, attentive presence. It’s possible that we might get separated due to crowd size or other unforeseen possibilities. Look for six foot high banner with Thay’s image, quote, and the Earth Holder logo. However, if separated, please remember that our presence is important, even if not in the sangha group. Maintain mindful breathing and walking as best you can. Support a peaceful and calm environment around you..)
- After the events, post photos, stories, learnings, to Earth Holder Facebook page to inspire others, Snapchat, and Instagram, labeled “Earth Holder Community-Sept 20th”Use Twitter hashtags: #
EarthHolders4ClimateStrike, or, #EHC4ClimateStrike