Thursday, September 17, 2020

Zoom Day of Mindfulness Saturday Sept 19: 10:00am-1:30pm

 

Invites you to a Day of Mindfulness Saturday September 19, 2020, 10:00am-1:30pm

Unborn and Indestructible

With David Flint

Enter Zoom beginning 9:55am

email davidrflint@gmail.com for Zoom Link

Image result for go as a river thich nhat hanh

In our time being wonderfully  together, we share the Practices of Sitting and Walking Meditation, Total Relaxation, Dharma Sharing, and more: all grounded in mindful breathing and noble silence.

email davidrflint@gmail.com for Zoom Link


Teachings to Contemplate 

“Unborn and indestructible,

Unborn and indestructible, 

Beyond time and space, 

Beyond time and space. 

This body and these feelings, 

Were transmitted to me, 

By my mother and my father, 

By my teachers, my friends and all living beings. 

And that which is transmitted, 

Is no less than the transmitter, 

And I who receive the transmission, 

What am I but that which is transmitted to me? 

Unborn and indestructible,

Unborn and indestructible, 

Beyond time and space, 

Beyond time and space

I am my mother, I am my father, 

I am my teachers, I am my friends, 

I am one and yet I am many, 

I am none, I am all, no beginning, no end. 

Unborn and indestructible,

Unborn and indestructible, 

Beyond time and space, 

Beyond time and space

This body is not me, 

These perceptions are not me, 

And I am not limited by this body, 

I am one with all life, I have always been free. “

___________________________

LOOKING DEEPLY AT YOUR HAND

Whose hand is this that has never died?

Who is it that was born in the past?

Who is it that will die in the future?

If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors.  All of them are alive in this moment.  Each is present in your body.  You are the continuation of these people.  Your hand proves that you have never been born and you will never die.  The thread of life has never been interrupted from time without beginning until now.  Previous generations, all the way back to single-celled beings [and before] are present in your hand at this moment.  You can observe and experience this.  Your hand is always available as a subject of meditation.

Since we are never born, how can we cease to be? …. When we have a tangible experience of non-birth and non-death, we know ourselves beyond duality.  [This meditation] is one way to pass through the gate of birth and death.” 

 [From Present Moment, Wonderful Moment, 13-14.]


___________________________________________

Where water, earth, fire, and wind have no footing:

There the stars do not shine,

the sun is not visible,

the moon does not appear,

darkness is not found.

And when a sage,

a brahman through sagacity,

has known [this] for himself,

then from form and formless,

from bliss and pain,

  he is freed

[Excerpt from ‘Bahiya Sutta,’  www.accesstoinsight.org]

__________________


“Ræhula, develop meditation that is like space; for when

you develop meditation that is like space, arisen agreeable and

disagreeable contacts will not invade your mind and remain. Just

as space is not established anywhere, so too, Ræhula, develop

meditation that is like space for when you develop meditation

that is like space, arisen agreeable and disagreeable contacts will

not invade your mind and remain.”

~ M 62.17, [accesstoinsight.org]

____________________________________________

 

When we see there is already a precious jewel in our pocket,

We give up every attitude of craving or coveting…..

Seeing that we are the sun, we give up the candle’s habit of fearing the wind.

Seeing that life has no boundaries, we give up all imprisoning divisions.”

[Breathe! You are Alive, 3rd edition, Kindle location 841]

___________

 

“the effect of meditation is the fire under a pot, the sun’s rays on the snow, and the hen’s warmth on her eggs….there is no attempt at reasoning or analysis, just patient and continuous concentration [allowing truth to reveal itself.]” With our patient and continuous practice we will “follow our breathing and meditate on the beginningless and endless nature of ourselves and the world.”      [From The Sun, My Heart]”

 

Breathe and You Know that You are Alive

Breathe and you know that you are alive.

Breathe and you know that all is helping you.

Breathe and you know that you are the world.

Breathe and you know that the flower is breathing too.

Breathe for yourself and you breathe for the world.

Breathe in compassion and breathe out joy.


Breathe and be one with the air that you breathe.

Breathe and be one with the river that flows.

Breathe and be one with the earth that you tread.

Breathe and be one with the fire that glows.

Breathe and you break the thought of birth and death.

Breathe and you see that impermanence is life.


Breathe for your joy to be steady and calm.

Breathe for your sorrow to flow away.

Breathe to renew every cell in your blood.

Breathe to renew the depths of consciousness.

Breathe and you dwell in the here and now.

Breathe and all you touch is new and real.